February 21, International Mother Language Day From 1991 to 2016, i.e. a period of 25 years, the percentage of young people whose mother language was Basque increased from 20.4% to 33.1%. In the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country, Basque is the mother language of 33.1% of young people aged 16 to 24. This percentage includes 20.0% that have only listened to Basque in their homes up to the age of three and the remaining 11.1% whose first language is both Basque and Spanish. If we compare the percentage of those whose mother language is Basque in several age groups, we will see that young people aged 16 to 24 have the highest percentage.
Beatriz Artolazabal: "the disappearance of gender differences in the care of children will have a positive impact on the promotion of Families and Children"
• Conference dedicated to the "Strategy of investment in Families and Children of the Basque Country" in Bilbao • The "IV Plan to Support Families and Children" will be released this coming spring
Artolazabal: "The Basque Country is internationally recognized as an environment of Advanced Management, with modern, well-managed companies, services and educational centers"
Quality Innovation Awards Distinctions to Osakidetza and Vizcaya College "In our Country it is interesting and competitive to find suppliers, invest or establish alliances"
An appointment in San Francisco on the occasion of two important meetings of the Basque Clubs of North America
Two important meetings of the Basque Clubs – Euskal Etxeak of North America will be held in San Francisco (USA) next 16 and 17 February. On Friday 16 the Regional Meeting of the Basque Clubs of North America will take place, and the following day, Saturday 17, will take place the winter meeting of the North American Basque Organizations (N.A.B.O.). As a novelty, this year the Basque Club of Saint Pierre et Miquelon will attend both meetings. Saint Pierre et Miquelon is a French overseas establishment, off the coast of Canada, and it is the last Basque Club – Euskal Etxea incorporated into the register of the Basque Government, last year 2017.
Beatriz Artolazabal with Marianne Thyssen in the "Citizen Dialogue" organized by the European Commission in Bilbao: "the Basque Country is in the advanced line of development that marks Brussels”
• Visit to the Basque Country by the European Commissioner for Employment and Social Affairs, Marianne Thyssen • Both institutional representatives chat with young basques in the Euskalduna Palace
- Anteproyecto de Ley de Administración Ambiental de Euskadi. Consulta pública previa.
- La Mujer y la Niña en la Ciencia
- Proyecto de Decreto de desarrollo de la Ley 4/2015 para la prevención y la corrección de la contaminación del suelo. Consulta públic...
- Programa Marco por el Empleo y la Reactivación Económica 2017-2020
Taking part in the government proposals in four stages is this easy:
Form your opinion about the proposal
Join in the discussion, give your opinion and vote for or against
Make your contributions to the document
Obtain the conclusions that will be processed.